What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Family, friend, couple, solo travelers
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88BBG02
This 3-day tour start from Hanoi with English speaking guide to discover Ba Be National Park, Ba Be is the largest natural freshwater lake in Vietnam with exceptional biodiversity including a population of langurs, over 200 bird and 350 butterfly species, geological treasures and mature primary limestone forests. Join our tour, you will have memorable time when exploring the lakes, caves, mountains and jungles.
- Join 3-day tour to explore Ba Be Lake with many exciting activities (kayaking, trekking, biking)
- Trek through the vast mountain ranges and valleys to see the stilt houses and school of the Dzao people
- Float on Nang River, take the scenery of the surrounding karsts decorated with patches of wild vegetation
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
Size : 30m2 Max Adults: 10
Bed size: Double/Twin
Sharing homestay with simple amenities
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Size : 30m2 Max Adults: 10
Bed size: Double/Twin
Private tour with sharing homestay, min=2pax/booking
Total Option Price
- 2 Breakfast, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Shuttle bus
- Price Includes
- A/C transfer
- Boat trip on Ba Be lake
- 2 nights at Homestay
- All sightseeing tickets
- Pick-up and drop-off in Hanoi Old Quarter
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- Price Excludes
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Other services not mentioned above
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi - Ba Be Lake
Our tour guide will pick you up by car at your hotel around 7:30-8:00am, as an early start is necessary for all we have in store for you today. On the way to Ba Be National Park, we will stop in a local village to enjoy lunch in a restaurant, before our route takes us up through the mountains and tea plantations on the road to Ba Be Lake. You will then travel to the Tay village of Coc Toc, where the houses are built in traditional Tay fashion on stilts. The local Tay population is extremely friendly to visitors and will welcome you with open arms, introducing you to their way of life central pillars of which are fishing on the lake and rice-farming. This is where you will spend the night in a homestay, to really get an intimate look at Tay culture and daily life. After checking in at the homestay, your afternoon will be free to spend as you wish, though we recommend going for a walk to explore the beautiful surroundings. Following this, we will take you to Hua Ma Cave, featuring thousands of stalactites and stalagmites. The rest of the day is again yours to do with as you please, though we offer the optional activities of guided walks/bike rides around Coc Toc Village and kayaking trips on the lake. If you’d rather spend the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying the serene views, then that’s also an option.
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Ba Be Lake National Park
On your second day in Ba Be, you will have the chance to explore its diverse and beautiful landscapes as you go trekking through the park. Your guide will start off by taking you to Coc Toc Village, visiting the local Tay fishermen who live there, before crossing Pelu Stream and navigating some steep terrain. You’ll be greatly rewarded for the effort, as once you reach a higher altitude you will be assailed by magnificent views of the mountains. As you journey ever higher, you will stop in a H’mong village, where a picnic lunch will be prepared for you. After you’ve eaten and rested, you will continue through the vast mountain ranges and valleys to see the stilt houses of the Dzao people and visit one of their local schools before visiting a second H’mong Village and returning to your homestay by the lake.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3: Ba Be Lake - Hanoi
After breakfast we’ll kick the final day of the tour of by boarding a boat and setting off onto the lake. It’s up to you how to spend your time on the boat, whether it’s relaxing and enjoying the views or going for a swim in the cool waters to refresh yourself. The views consist of stunning karst formations all around you covered with patches of wild vegetation and a rich wildlife. The boat will then continue along the Nang River, giving you a chance to explore the caves of Puong Grotto where you can marvel at the stalactites and stalagmites created through river erosion, as well as observe the thousands-strong bat colony that lives here. After your exploration of the lake, you will have the chance rest as we drive you back to Hanoi, taking in the beautiful scenery along the way. You will stop for lunch at a local restaurant on the way before arriving in Hanoi at about 17:30, when it’s time to say your goodbyes to your guide, driver and tour group.
Meals: B, L
- Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
- It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat..
What to take
Questions & Answers
9.6Based on 23 reviews
Value for money9.7
22 Apr 2019
Ba Be national park is one of beautiful park in the North of Vietnam! there are a lot of interested activities like: Boat trip, walking and visit village talk with minority person. See beautiful landscape. I took a lot of picture and keep it as our memories in Vietnam!
26 Mar 2019
I chosed Ba Be National Park is one point destination to travel in Vietnam. Came here, I liked the most Ba Be Lake, I felt relaxing, peaceful and very quiet. The lake was clean, blue water and cover around by mountain. They talked that this is largest lake in Vitenam. - So useful!
30 Jan 2019
I love Ba Be National Park so much, Ba Be Lake was so beautiful, No hotel inside Park, Some homestay close the lake. We stay in homestay - clean and basic. The boat ride we up to visit some small village who live around the lake - Nice trip!
04 Jan 2019
Ba Be park is quite wild and not crowed tourist.It seem to be lack of hotel and popular homestay here. We were overnight at homestay, Quite basic but this is traditional house of local people. There is natural lake here they call Ba Be Lake - largest lake. we took a small boat around the lake , you can see mountain cover the lake and the water is so blue and clean.
07 Dec 2018
We have 3 days 2 nights trip in Ba Be National park, We want our children to closed with nature and we chose it. We made right decision. That is one experience in their life. We can see lake, trees , mountain and some animals, talked with local people ( minority person) and know about their history - Great!