What you’ll get
Duration : Half day
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : family, group of friends
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88HNF07
Experience Hanoi like a local and tour the city’s attractions with the kids who live there. Explore Hanoi with 2 famous destinations: Ho Chi Minh Complex & Temple of Literature Tour. See the main city sights, that all provide a great way to get culturally connected.
- Sightseeing in Hanoi City free with our tour guide in half day
- Visit 2 famous destinations: Ho Chi Minh Complex & Temple of Literature Tour
- Learn about Vietnam architecture and culture in Hanoi
- Experience Hanoi from the perspective of the kids who live there
- Price Includes
- Tour guide (available with English speaking guide)
- Price Excludes
- Transfer fees (if any)
- Entrance fees (if any)
- Personal expenses (foods, drinks, tips).
- Cancellation by Customer
If you are unable to join the tour on the day and at the time scheduled, you must notify us within 3 hours of the departure.
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step
- Full itinerary
- If you are a solo traveler, or you have less than 3 people in your group, please join our group tours here at Hanoi Free Day Tours
- If you are interested in free private tours in Ho Chi Minh city, please visit Saigon Free Day Tours
We can start the tour at 9:00 AM or 2:00 PM depending on your booking.
Our tour guide will welcome you at your hotel and then take you to the Ho Chi Minh complex – the huge construction to express the pride of Vietnamese people to the very first president – Ho Chi Minh (or Uncle Ho), the National Liberation Hero, who founded the Democratic Republic of Vietnam. You can take the chance to visit:
1. Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum.
The Mausoleum, which was made of marble and granite, features a three-stored structure. In the second store places the famous President’s body, lying as if he were sleeping in the simple clothes worn when he was alive.
Opening time: 5 days per week, except Monday and Friday.
Cold seasons (from November to March) 8:00 a.m – 11:00 a.m
Hot seasons (from April to October): 7:30 a.m – 10:30 a.m
Closed once per year in October/ November/or December for the body maintenance
No camera, cell phone, bare-shoulder T-shirts, or mini skirts are allowed inside
2. Ba Dinh square
This is where Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum lies, is a historical site where President Ho Chi Minh read the Independence Declaration of Vietnam on September 2nd, 1945.
3. Ho Chi Minh’s Residence
Refusing to live in the Presidential palace, President Ho Chi Minh lived in a normal electrician’s house nearby. The house has two floors and the beloved President lived here from 1958 until he passed away.
4. One Pillar Pagoda
An ancient pagoda built in 1049 under the Ly Dynasty. There’s an interesting legend referring the construction of the pagoda, telling that King Ly Thanh Tong had this pagoda constructed in the shape of a lotus, based upon his fairy dream, thanks to which he was given a baby boy.
Opening time: The pagoda is open daily from 8 a.m to 5 p.m.
Entrance is free.
Remember to wear full-length clothes when you visit any pagoda.
5. Ho Chi Minh Museum
The museum was built in the shape of a white lotus flower, which is nearly 20m high, including 3 floors. More than 2,000 documents and show-pieces are displayed, systematically reflecting President Ho Chi Minh’s life and revolution cause since the late 19th century. Coming here, tourists can share a part of Ho Chi Minh’s tough life.
After that, you will have time to visit the Temple of Literature – the first University of Vietnam and also the place to worship the Confucius. This is often cited as one of Hanoi’s most picturesque tourist attractions. Originally built as a university in 1070 dedicated to Confucius, scholars, and sages, the building is extremely well preserved and is a superb example of traditional-style Vietnamese architecture.
This ancient site offers a lake of literature, the Well of Heavenly Clarity, turtle steles, pavilions, courtyards and passageways that were once used by royalty. Visiting the Temple of Literature you will discover historic buildings from the Ly and Tran dynasties in a revered place that has seen thousands of doctors’ graduate in what has now become a memorial to education and literature.
Tour ends around 12:00 PM (for the morning tour) or 5:00 PM (for the afternoon tour).
- Student guide requires no charges! Guests should be nice to cover all fees for guide!
- Please provide us with your age in the “your message” section in order that we can serve you better
- The photos taken during the tour might be used for our brand’s promotion and activities. If you are not comfortable with this, please notify us in the booking.
- Private tours are only for a group from 3 people, if you have less than 3 people in your group, please join our group tours here at Hanoi Free Day Tours
Questions & Answers
0Based on 0 reviews
Value for money0