What you’ll get
Duration : 4 days 3 nights
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Cruise tour
Dragon Eyes Cruise Saigon - Phnom Penh 4 days is an exclusive tour for those who want to have more time to discover Cambodia and Mekong Vietnam. Join our trip, you will have chance to watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people, see the busy and colorful local markets, and visit the famous temples of Angkor Wat, Cambodia. Let's take your luggage and join us!
- Enjoy the fantastic scenery and spectacular sunset over Mekong River
- Experience life on the water and visit the island Cu Lao Gieng, the Catholic monastery
- Take part in an excursion to a cham village and discover Cambodia and the famous temples of Angkor Wat
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Shuttle bus, Cruise
- Cruise Cabin, Hotel
- Price Includes
- All entry fees
- English speaking guide
- Road transfer from Saigon
- 7 savoury meals on board
- Mineral water placed in your cabin
- Speedboat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- Side trips and excursions as mentioned in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation incl. breakfast (Victoria Chau Doc Hotel, superior room)
- Price Excludes
- Beauty services and massage
- Tips and personal expenses
- All other services not mentioned above
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Panorama River Cruise
In the morning we take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. You board your comfortable wooden river cruise vessel around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong river. The cruise boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Mekong Eyes Cruise
- Day 2: Life on the water and visiting the island Cu Lao Gieng
Wake up early in the morning and enjoy seeing the Mekong Delta coming to life. This morning we arrive in charming Sa Dec for a city tour. There you can see the busy and colorful local market, enjoy a coffee on the nice riverside promenade and visit a nearby flower village with orchards. The charming town still has a lot of colonial architecture, in particular the old market, the church and many old villas and trader’s houses. We visit one of them, a beautifully renovated traditional house of a Chinese trader’s family. This sumptuous building belonged to the main character of the novel „The Lover” and indeed to the lover of Marguerite Duras (see below).
Back on board, we curise towards the Island of Cu Lao Gieng. Located between Chau Doc and Sa Dec on the small island of Cu Lao Gieng, the monastery here was once an important convent. It could accommodate more than 1,000 people and included an orphanage, a school, a hospice and a leprosy centre. Today, Cu Lao Gieng is mainly a retreat for retired nuns.
The large building is completely cut off from villages and located in the middle of fields and green jungle. You will be very surprised to see such an architectural impressive monastery in the middle of nowhere. If you have time you should take the opportunity to visit the Catholic monastery which was built on the island in 1875 by French nuns of Saint Paul de Chartres.
In the late afternoon we return to the Gecko Eyes vessel and enjoy a sunset cruise with more fantastic photo opportunities from aboard.
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Mekong Eyes Cruise
- Day 3: Cruise to Chau Doc
The boat starts cruising towards Chau Doc early in the morning. After breakfast on the top deck, you can visit a floating fish farm and take part in an excursion to a cham village.
The Mekong river cruise ends after a delicious lunch on board. You will be transferred to your hotel and you can relax or explore for the rest of the day.
Meals: B, L
- Day 4: Across the border into Cambodia
We transfer to the pier where you embark the speed boat for an exciting ride to Phnom Penh, your starting point for discovering Cambodia and the famous temples of Angkor Wat.
The trip ends here. Please contact us if we can help you organise your tour to Angkor or any further trips. Of course we will also be happy to arrange your transfer back to Saigon.
- Departure on odd dates (e.g. Sept. 3, 5, 7 etc.)
- Driving time from Saigon to Cai Be is approx. 2 hours
- Route and excursions may be subjects to changes without prior notice
- What's Included
Questions & Answers
10.0Based on 2 reviews
Value for money
07 Jan 2017
12 Jul 2016