What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Hoi An
Suitable : Family with children, Honeymoon couple, Friend
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88HAP13
Cam Thanh village is about 4ha. During the Vietnam war, it was the shelter for local people and soldiers, and nowadays this place is famous for providing the most seafood products for this area. Joining this tour you will have a chance to learn some traditional fishing techniques and how to paddle the unique Vietnamese bamboo basket boats while exploring the now tranquil coconut-palm flanked waterways of a past war.
- Visit famous coconut village, Cam Thanh village in full day
- Learn about the daily life of Vietnamese fishermen, their families and their community
- Take part in some hands-on activities that are fun,safe and interesting to people of all ages
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Size : N/A
Bed size: N/A
Choose date to show price
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 1 Lunch
- Shuttle bus, Wooden boat
- Price Includes
- A/c bus
- Basket boat
- Entrance fees
- Lunch,mineral water
- English/Vietnamese local tour guide
- Price Excludes
- Other personal fees
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Hoi An - Cam Thanh Water Coconut Village
08:00 am You will be collected at your hotel lobby and transferred to the meeting point. Then you will take walk to Bach Dang dock. Take a wooden boat transferring to Cam Thanh water coconut village. Learn about the daily life of Vietnamese fishermen, their families and their community. Board on boat and commence cruising on the Cua Dai River. Join in local fisherman on the river and experience on round net or cast net. Learn how to paddle the Vietnamese unique bamboo basket boat. Explore the now tranquil coconut-palm flanked waterways of a past war and hear of the extreme conditions endured by soldiers of both sides. Have lunch at local family house in the village. Relax and transfer back the hotel. Tour ends
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.7Based on 4 reviews
Value for money9.3
23 Jan 2019
Despite the rain this tour was still fantastic- just don't forget a poncho! A beautiful basket boat ride through the coconut trees then to a little lodge for the cooking class. The dishes we learnt to cook were delicious and simple enough that we could do it at home! The staff were lovely and got involved with the fun themselves! An added bonus was getting the recipes emailed after too!
13 Jan 2019
We selected very spontaniously this tour and got a big surprise. It was great how Tom took care of us. We highly recommend this tour to everybody who wants to dive deeper into vietnamese cuisine and become a fan of bamboo boat shipping. :)
08 Jan 2019
This is a great insight into the traditional way of life for many Vietnamese people. Our host and guide are a very knowledgeable and passionate chap who really made the tour work. He was able to share many insights and was hands on throughout. Our time in the round basket boats was fun and everyone enjoyed the cooking class. All of the staff l encountered seemed genuinely pleased to take care of us. So much activity, really good value. Thank you!
01 Jan 2019
We had a great day. The tour delivered as per brochure and beyond. The bamboo basket boats were great fun and the ‘drivers’ were ‘cheeky’. The food we cooked was absolutely fantastic and delicious. We had an enormous amount of food to consume. Our guide was wonderful. I totally recommend this experience!