What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, Honey moon couple
Type : Cruise tour
Product Code : T30MEE21
This cruise tour to Mekong Delta in 3 days 2 nights tells you a real story about how the Southern people live and do their business on the water. Besides, you have a good chance to visit a charming town with a lot of colonial architecture, Tan Thuan Dong Islet which is famous for its orchards full of mangoes, longans, and ambarellas, and see the way the local buy and sell agricultural products from boats to boats at the busiest time of the day.
- Have opportunity to learn about local life and taste delicious tropical fruits in Mekong Delta
- Join a sunset cocktail party on the top deck allowing you to fully enjoy one of the most magnificent moments that Mekong river
- Visit a charming town with colonial architecture, in particular the old market, the church and many old villas and traders’ houses
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
Size : 11,5 m2 Max Adults: 2
Bed size: Double/Twin
Price for Superior cabin, all designed as outside cabins
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Size : 19,5 m2 Max Adults: 2
Bed size: Double
Located on the upper deck and equipped with a private balcony
Total Option Price
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Shuttle bus
- Cruise Cabin
- Price Includes
- English speaking guide
- Free flow of tea and coffee
- Road transfer from/to Saigon
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Guided excursions as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- Mineral water placed in your cabin on your cruise boat
- Speed boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh with Mekong Eyes guide
- Transfer from from the jetty to the hotel in Chau Doc / Phnom Penh
- Price Excludes
- Visa fee for Cambodia/ Vietnam (you can get a visa at the border crossing where the speed boat stops for immigration; for this you need to bring 35 USD and a passport photograph)
- Private transfer from Saigon available
- Drinks (except mentioned in inclusions)
- Tips and other personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1 (Friday): Cai Be – Sa Dec – Cao Lanh
In the morning, we pick you up at your hotel in Saigon (District 1 and parts of District 3) and take you to your port of embarkation in Cai Be. The transfer takes between 2 to 3.5 hours depending on the embarkation port. After a refreshing welcome drink, we show you our on-board facilities and your cozy cabin.
As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising.
In the afternoon we arrive in the laid back town of Sa Dec for a city tour. There you can see the busy and colorful local market, enjoy a coffee on the nice riverside promenade or visit a nearby flower village with orchards. The charming town still has a lot of colonial architecture, in particular the old market, the church and many old villas and traders’ houses. We visit one of them, a beautifully renovated traditional house of a Chinese trader’s family. This sumptuous building belonged to the main character of the novel „The Lover” and indeed to the lover of Marguerite Duras.
In the late afternoon we return to the Mekong Explorer vessel and enjoy a sunset cruise with more fantastic photo opportunities from aboard.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Mekong Eyes Explorer cruise
- Day 2 (Saturday): Cao Lanh – Tan Chau
The boat arrives Cao Lanh in the morning. After breakfast on the top deck, you can enjoy the the visit to Tan Thuan Dong Islet, which is famous for its orchards full of mangoes, longans, and ambarellas. It is totally off-the-beaten track and rarely visited by tourists.
As the boat maneuvering through the scenic Cho Vam Canal, you are invited to a sunset cocktail party on the top deck, which also allows you to fully enjoy one of the most magnificent moments that Mekong river has to offer.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: MeKong Eyes Explorer cruise
- Day 3 (Sunday): Tan Chau across the border to Phnom Penh in Cambodia
After breakfast the tour with Mekong Eyes Explorer ends. For the transfer to Phnom Penh you embark our speedboat for an exciting ride to Cambodia. You pass the first Cambodian style pagodas and a slowly changing landscape from the plains of the delta to a river landscape. A Mekong Eyes guide accompanies our passengers all the way to Phnom Penh to facilitate the immigration procedures into Cambodia and ensure your safe transfer from the jetty in Phnom Penh to your local hotel. Arrival in Phnom Penh around lunchtime.
The trip ends here.
Please contact us if we can help you organize your tour to Angkor or any further trips. Of course we will also be happy to arrange your transfer to Ha Tien for connecting to Phu Quoc or an excursion to Chau Doc and its fascinating surroundings with Sam Mountain and the magic forest of Tra Su or back to Saigon.
- Although it is our intention to operate the itinerary as detailed proposal, we will do our utmost to stick to the set itinerary, however we cannot be held responsible for any last minute changes that might occur. It may be necessary to make some changes as a result of climatic conditions, alterations to cruise schedules or other operational factors.
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.5Based on 5 reviews
Value for money9.6
01 Aug 2019
This has to be a must do if you are in Vietnam for a week or more. Our boat was well equiped, the food was lovely and the crew wonderful. We had three days, two nights on board our boat and the whole experience was a real memory. The shore excursions were not too long and well organised.
23 Jan 2018
We spent one night on the Mekong Eyes. It was a relaxing and interesting way to experience the Mekong River. The staff were helpful and knowledgeable and we met some amazing people onboard. This cruise is an opportunity to sit back and relax whilst taking in the scenery as you cruise by.
28 Dec 2017
We took a 3days/2night cruise on the Mekong Eyes.It certainly gave us look at how different life here is when compared to HoChiMinh City.We were picked up in HCMC and taken by Road to Can Tho,where we boarded the boat.Our cabin was small but very comfortable.The bathroom compact,with a toilet,shower and basin.We had a walking tour in a small village,a trip on a rowing sampan,a cooking class on board and a trip to Cai Rang floating market.Also visited a family owned noodle producing family and a family owned candy factory.The food was a set menu but changed each day and there was a happy hour.As it's a small boat there was a nice interaction between the guests.The staff were all friendly and informative.We had a very interesting and relaxed time on board before our Road trip back to our hotel in HCMC
21 May 2017
We sailed on the Mekong eye explorer doing the 3 day 2 nights being picked up in HCMC and finishing in Phnom Pen. The bus trip was interesting 4 hours drive to the boat with our guide pointing out interesting information. The boat was beautiful. The bedroom was a very good size as well as the bathroom just like a hotel. The food was great and staff friendly.
11 Apr 2017
the staff on the boat, Hayden and Kim, Dave who took us by bus to Chau Doc, and Lee and John who accompanied us on the boat to Phnom Penh were all sensational. The restored junk was beautiful with a larger than expected bedroom, offered great food and well organised tours. The overnight hotel in Chau Doc, the Victoria was a beautiful relic of days past. Cannot recommend the trip highly enough